Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chocolate Lovers' Series: Peppermint Patty


Black and white. Opposites. Dramatic. Classic. Sharp. Striking. Beautiful and any other word you can describe these two colors that can be seen in the Peppermint Patty.

Actually, it's not exactly black but a very dark brown, almost black which is just as striking. So today, I'm talking high contrast color.

credit
How perfect is this bedding to capture the Peppermint Patty look?

This color scheme is beautiful for bedding but would you put such a dark hue on your wall? Black/brown is trending well as main wall color somewhere I'm sure - I personally prefer to use it in accessories instead of wall color or

… with furniture …

Pinterest
… with fabric …

… with texture …

… and art …
Fine Art America
and of course, great color …

Like these Sherwin Williams colors? Try
Andrion and Incredible White




4 comments:

  1. High level contrasts from walls to things in a room make me melt - almost like a Peppermint Patty in my mouth!! Great one, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour combo and I too like the high contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the wall color in the bedroom Peppermint Patty? It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soft coastal blues are still very popular - I like them too! I didn't choose the wall color for this room but I can suggest you look at Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, Comfort Gray and Contented for a similar look. They are some of my very popular blues.

      Thanks for visiting and I hope you design a beautiful coastal quilt with these gorgeous hues in mind :-)

      Delete